Thursday, February 03, 2005

The requested scope application has not been enabled

On our intranet server, I keep the webservices in a seperate folder that is not a part of any application folder tree. The first time that I tried to access an application variable in a web service, I encountered the following error message:

CFCInvocationException:[The requested scope application has not been enabled]

It took me a little while to realize that the reason I was getting this error message was because the webservices folder was in a tree that had no application.cfm, and no . As soon as I added the above it started working perfectly. This may seem obvious, but at the time the problem seemed obscure (About 10 minutes on google got everything sorted out).

No comments: